Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sunday 9th December 2007, 0930 - Vegas Bound

Managed to forget everything I have ever learned from all my work travels - lounged around all day yesterday being 'on holiday' only to realise at 7pm (after 2 glasses of wine) I had forgotten to get petrol. Bugger. No worries, I'd just have to get up slightly earlier than the 4am I had planned in order to fit in a fuel stop. At this point I felt I should think about throwing some clothes into a suitcase, which was when I realised I had no idea of where I had efficiently stowed my suitcase - the last time I used it was for the South Carolina trip which was not only way back in March but also before I bloody moved!

Some 25 minutes later as I was consoling myself with glass of wine #3, I remembered I had a loft and that was where I had stowed said case. Result! I won't go into detail about retrieving said suitcase from loft but put it this way, I don't care how much a loft ladder costs I Am Getting One Installed.

I then spent the next two hours debating what I needed for the next 7 days - this was my first 'smart' holiday for years, not a Three Day Event (or horse) in sight! So my usual must-haves of waterproof coat, selection of baseball caps and waterproof/thermal Timberland work boots meant I had a load more suitcase room to fill, yippee! Nonetheless I did my standard trick of applying the 'sod it' approach and ended up not being able to close the lid at first swipe. Removing all items of clothing I have possessed for > 1 year but never had the balls/occasion/waistline to wear still left me with a little overflow so I bit the bullet and hefted out 3 of the 4 pairs of stilletos I had packed (1 pair of which I can quite literally only stand up in. Walking is Not An Option). This move helped enormously and I have thus managed to fit in a Different Jumper For Every Day. Despite the fact I am going shopping tomorrow for a whole new wardrobe! I will never learn, I am still haunted by the enforced purchase of the infamous Yellow Samsonite Hardsider when I came to see my brother in Philadephia back in 2001, due to the ridiculous amount of clothes purchased! Ah well, life would be fairly god damned boring if we all learned all the lessons we should.

On which note, having staggered to the airport on mere petrol vapour (due to the dodgy people hanging round the petrol station at 4am) (I got up at 3am in the end - couldn't sleep for fear of over-sleeping), meaning several mental pygmies who should have been on the receiving end of a Demonstration due to their totally inept driving escaped as I needed to conserve valuable vapour - I realised I had left my bloody sunglasses at home! So, had no choice But to Buy New Ones...mm mmm wait til you check out my Pradas! Be-yoo-tif-ul!! AND I saved at least £45 by buying them Duty Free! (I am smirking at the Financial Ones amongst you who will be right now shaking your heads and saying Out Loud to your PC 'you cannot SAVE money by SPENDING it' !!! Newsflash - YOU SO CAN WHEN YOU ARE ME!

Anyways we have just taken off which is cool. What is not cool is the fact the flight is packed. What is cool is (for once) is being a Lone Traveller meaning I have scored 2 seats to myself. What is not cool is realising I have no paracetamol in my hand luggage and now have an instant headache, au natrelle! Off to continue reading The Kite Runner (what a fantastic book). Laters dudes Me xxxx

No comments: